Monday, November 28, 2016

Not just any scary movie, by Alexandra Wilson



We have all seen the previews for various scary movies, particularly around Halloween. While a large number of people abhor these movies, I cannot get enough of them! I will go out of my way to attend premieres.

However, my taste in movies does not necessarily cover all of them. They have to intrigue me. I prefer either psychological horror movies or drastically over-done cult classics. Two of my favorites are Hush and The Rocky Horror Picture Show. I adore Hush because it is a psychological thriller based on the viewpoint of a Deaf woman who becomes trapped in her home by a murderer. I won’t go into much detail about The Rocky Horror Picture Show because it is not a family-friendly movie, but I adore how cheesy and over-the-top it is.

For a horror movie to be worthwhile to see, it has to be either so in-depth and believable that I can put myself in the situation, or it has to be so terribly done that it becomes comical.


1 comment:

  1. I bet you also liked Evil Dead II, Alexandra. Have you ever seen the live, musical version?

    ReplyDelete