Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Bells & branches, by Delvonta’ Pinkston



I see a forest stretched out before me.
Attached to its branches are bells ringing in the wind.
Corresponding sounds echoing against one another
Sounds vibrating on a frequency I can’t understand, yet am desperately yearning to.
Never in my life have I been able to see the forest for the trees, but here I don’t have to.
The bells serve as my guide and the branches as my comfort to lean on.
Spread out throughout time and full of color, the bells exist as interdependent fixtures that are manifestations of thoughts of those that wonder.
Each is a different shade of a different color and each shape corresponds to another.
Stretching out against the gravity of time, these branches know no bounds
but here I stand stuck in the trenches of
forgotten roots.

1 comment:

  1. You're so skillful at writing through your senses, Delvonta'.

    ReplyDelete