Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Finishing the last lines, by Alaa Abuhammad



My journey with you is unfinished and my journal is incomplete. The pages were calling me to write the final lines about our relationship. I have to write about our destination and fate....it has been so long since your sudden disappearance from my life. And it took me a while to win myself back, to reorganize my life, and to set new goals and plans for myself.
 
I finally gained the motivation to come to you, but by then I had come to the realization that the separation was long enough to wipe you out of memory. I had forgotten the directions. And my mind couldn't visualize the way to you; I looked into my heart for some directions in finding you. My heart could not help, either, in finding you. Then my soul stopped searching for you. At the intersection I quit looking for you and, along with my journal, I threw the fleeting memories of our past behind my back; I threw the furthest I could. The pages got ripped and scattered in all the directions...Eventually, you will come across one of these pages. Perhaps you will read it and understand it and want to find me.

But I won't be there anymore. The distance and the difference between us have helped me to move on without you. I will have moved on towards my goals and achieved success. You were always down and trying to drag me with you, hindering my chances at success and preventing me from shining. But now, I shine as a diamond like before I ever met you.

1 comment: